Wednesday, 14 March 2012



This answer is for Karim Mualla only:

•Suppose you are looking for a job from now on

•Where would you advertise yourself?  Why? (think of your e-marketing plan for yourself, establish various channels, your own online value proposition).

In order for me to advertise myself, first I need to consider what fields am I
exactly aiming for, because each industry has different marketing aspects which must be taking in consideration before attempting to approach its audience.
Nevertheless, on a general basis, I would put a great deal of focus on my CV, and perhaps turn it into a state of the art 'online dynamic CV' where it can include web links to all my past experiences, companies I worked with, recognized people in the industry I collaborated with, youtube videos of me if available, different social networking accounts, personal websites and blogs, educational backgrounds which links automatically to my under and post graduate certificates, and so on.

Furthermore, and as the question mentioned: 'I'm looking for a job', then in that case it would be very helpful to sign up with several job hunting sites where people can have their own profiles and apply for different jobs to various companies who have already posted their jobs' offers on that particular social network or JOB SEARCH website. 
However, and from a personal experience, I can assure everyone that it is an absolute waste of time to do what was previously mentioned. in my professional opinion, and again based on a long term experience, what makes a difference with regard to 'marketing yourself' is the following:

- Design a great CV (and be honest)
- Stand Up 
- Get dressed
- And pay those companies a surprise visit without an appointment.
- you will be kicked out from 90% of these companies from just showing up an announced. 
- However, 9% would be impressed of what you do (after you introduce your skills properly) and will tell you to expect a call of them soon.
- and the remaining 1% would not only be impressed, but they will also offer you a job instantly. and that is how I got my 
                             - Radio show job 
                             - TV show job
                             - EPedia Job
                             - Tennis coaching job
                             - University Teaching job
and currently my    - Royal Holloway, SU job as a DJ             


1 comment:

  1. thanks for the answer. You may be talking about being 'there' to show yourself physically. But in many cases you cannot be there. Having a good CV is a good start. Have you considered how you will get the next job in another geographical location? What information are people going to search on the Internet about you, what impressions do you expect this information should give to whoever is an online visitor?

    See you tomorrow, hope you are well,

    ReplyDelete